The Graduate Certificate in Public Administration is designed to provide students with enhanced knowledge and skills in public service. This program is offered completely online.
CURRICULUMThe Public Administration graduate certificate requires 18 credit hours of courses, including 15 credit hours of required courses and 3 credit hours of an elective course.
|Total Credit Hours Required:|
Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree|
Required Courses—15 Credit Hours
- PAD 6035 Public Administration in the Policy Process (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6037 Public Organization Management (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6053 Public Administrators in the Governance Process (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6227 Public Budgeting (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6417 Human Resource Management (3
Restricted Elective Courses—3 Credit Hours
Choose one course from the following list.
- PAD 5427 Labor Relations in the Public Sector (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5807 Local Government Operations (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5060 Administrative Practice in the Public Sector (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5850 Grant and Contract Management (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6307 Public Policy Analysis and Management (3 credit
- PAD 6327 Public Program Evaluation Techniques (3 credit
- PAD 6335 Strategic Planning and Management (3 credit hours)
Admission is open to those with a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An application to the graduate certificate program and official transcripts must be submitted. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
All applicants to this certificate program will be required to submit:
- An official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college/university attended.
- A current, professional résumé.
- Statement of Goals: This is a key component of the admission review process and serves as an example of the applicant's ability to express him or herself in writing. The goal statement must be no longer than two pages and should address the following:
- What is your reason for pursuing graduate study in Public Administration, including your future goals and plans?
- What specific areas of Public Administration interest you?
- Work and/or Voluntary experience
- Applicants who have attended a college/university outside the United States must provide a course-by-course credential evaluation with GPA calculation. Credential evaluations are accepted from World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny and Associates, Inc. only.
Materials received after the established deadline may not be considered. Admission to this certificate is competitive; applicants meeting the minimum application requirements are not guaranteed admission to the program.
|Public Administration Graduate Certificate||
|Jun 15||Dec 1|
International Transfer Applicants
*Applicants who plan to enroll full time in a degree program and who wish to be considered for university fellowships or assistantships should apply by the Fall Priority date.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". The information provided in the link below is the best that is available to us. This information represents one year’s data only, however, we hope that this information is helpful to current and prospective students, as you make your career and educational choices.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information