The Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides graduate-level continuing education for both in-service and pre-career students. This program is offered completely online.
|Total Credit Hours Required:|
Credit Hours Minimum beyond the Bachelor's Degree|
Required Courses—15 Credit Hours
- PAD 6035 Public Administration in the Policy Process (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6037 Public Organization Management (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6053 Public Administrators in the Governance Process (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6227 Public Budgeting (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6417 Human Resource Management (3 credit hours)
Elective Courses—3 Credit Hours
Restricted—3 Credit Hours
Choose one course from the following list.
- PAD 5427 Labor Relations in the Public Sector (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5807 Local Government Operations (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5060 Administrative Practice in the Public Sector (3 credit hours)
- PAD 5850 Grant and Contract Management (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6307 Policy Implementation (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6327 Public Program Evaluation Techniques (3 credit hours)
- PAD 6335 Strategic Planning and Management (3 credit hours)
Admission is open to those with a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An application to the graduate certificate program and official transcripts must be submitted. Applicants must apply online. Students must submit all required material by the established deadline(s). Materials received after the established deadline date may not be considered. Admission to this program is competitive; applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements are not guaranteed admission to the program.
All applicants to this certificate program will be required to submit:
- A current professional resume
- An academic goal statement
These documents must be attached to the application. The academic goal statement will be used as a sample of the applicant’s writing ability. While there is no set word limit, the statement should address the applicant’s interest in pursuing the certificate program and fully discuss any experience that he or she has had in the field.
Please note: Due to restrictive state regulations, UCF is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states. If you reside in one of these states, you may not be permitted to enroll in or be admitted to a UCF online program. Please contact your state’s higher education regulation authorities or the UCF Graduate Program (see contact information above) for more details.
|Public Administration Certificate||
|Jul 15||Dec 1|
International Transfer Applicants
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that "prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation". The information provided in the link below is the best that is available to us. This information represents one year’s data only, however, we hope that this information is helpful to current and prospective students, as you make your career and educational choices.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information